Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hall of Baldness: Justin

Justin was our next-door neighbor and my good friend and Stanford. I first met Justin and his wife Amy when we were at the Stanford Computer Science Department PhD Admit weekend. It was fun to find out later that they also decided to go to Stanford, and we ended up being in the same ward for our whole time together, and next door neighbors for our last year there, and just a courtyard away for the four years before that.

Justin was a great friend to me in so many ways during my time at Stanford. He was my best friend in the CS department, and I stopped by his office many times when I was in need of someone to chat with. It was so nice having someone who was also going through the PhD program and could understand the stresses and ups and downs of it all. He was also a great friend at home, especially when we could chat out on the playground while watching our kids play together. Justin is a great conversationalist, and I always loved our talks. He has a very honest and inquisitive way of looking at things and always had new viewpoints that helped me see other sides of whatever we were talking about. He also was best BYU-fan friend, and we could always celebrate BYUs wins and commiserate about their losses together. Suffice to say, he has been a great friend for the past 5 years.

Justin is a bright guy, a great teacher and a brilliant researcher. I sat in on one of his lectures last summer when he taught a class on computer graphics and I thought he did a great job. He is a great father and husband, and was always a good example to me on those fronts. I am honored to be his friend. Justin, welcome to the Hall of Baldness!


1 comment: