Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hall of Baldness: Brittney

Brittney is my wife. We have been married for 7.5 wonderful years. We have lived in Utah, California, and now Canada. Together we are the parents to three beautiful children. Brittney is amazing, inspiring, and vivacious. She is the dearest person to me in the world, and I love her tremendously. When she is with me I feel at home and that all is right in the world. Her touch is therapeutic.

Brittney is a fabulous teacher. She is trained and gifted as an educator of children, and I love watching her interact with and teach kids. Our first calling together as a married couple in church was teaching the 4 year olds Sunbeams, and it was great to teach alongside her and learn from her. She is very humbled and sometimes intimidated by teaching adults, but she is one of the best adult teachers I have ever been around. She gives incredible talks in church, and it isn't just me that thinks so. After one of her last talks, someone came up to me and said that while they were listening to the talk they leaned over to their daughter and said: "this is just a perfect talk." Just last week in Sunday School the teacher mentioned a topic that Brittney's talk had been about and said that she had wished that Brittney would just give her talk again, since it was so good. The funny thing was that the teacher thought it had been just a few weeks ago that Brittney spoke, but in fact it was around 3 months ago. Brittney currently teaches the women of the church once a month in Relief Society and after every lesson I get a cavalcade of women who all tell me what a great job she did. I am just jealous that I don't get to listen as well.

Brittney is a great mother. Motherhood has its ups and downs, and all in all is a challenging task for anyone, but there is no one else that I would rather be raising my children with. She does such fun things with the kids, and is good at being aware of the parenting techniques we are using. She is always thinking of ways that we can do better as parents and as a result I always feel that we are trying to improve. She does a great job with a blog and simple journal that really help capture the joys of raising kids

Brittney is very creative. She is constantly thinking up new projects to enrich our lives or home or to capture a thought or feeling that she has. She has designed and made dresses, blankets, a quiet book, a bean bag and duvet covers, to name a few. Each of these items took a large amount of time and energy and they all turned out amazing! With our friends at Stanford she was always experimenting with new recipes for cakes and cookies and they got really good at making ice cream cakes. I was blessed to be able to benefit from the fruits of their always tasty experiments.

Brittney is kind and considerate and is so often thinking of others and what we can do for them. She maintains great relationships with friends and family even though we are far apart from them. She is a great talker and listener and has a way of being able to share herself deeply and also ask questions that get beyond the normal small talk and really open up relationships and conversations with others.

Brittney has an incredible voice. I love hearing her sing. One of the many things I loved about living in California was participating in our ward choir together. Brittney and I got to sing as part of a trio for "The Heavens are Telling", by Haydn. A few weeks before we moved out of the ward we sang "Jesus, Lover of My Soul" in Sacrament meeting. We sang each verse as a duet, and another couple helped us out with the 4-part harmony on the chorus. I loved sitting during Choir practice on the back row with the basses and hearing Brittney's beautiful clear voice soaring with the Sopranos and creating an angelic feeling in the room. It is a treasure to be able to hear her sing around the house and sing to our children. There is no one's voice I would rather hear.

Brittney is a wonderful person, and a joy to be around. I am thankful each day that somehow she agreed to be mine. She helps me be a better person, and I am so glad I get to spend the rest of our lives and all of eternity together. Brittney is my best friend, my companion, and I am the luckiest. Brittney, welcome to the Hall of Baldness!




6 comments:

  1. I think brittney looks great with the short haircut, which is totally not the point of this thing. To be a meaningful sacrifice she needs to look embarrassing. I vote for inverted mohawk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... of all the other Hall of Baldness posts, I enjoyed reading this one the most. :) love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with everything you said...so sweet. Love both of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful description of your wife. We love you Britt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. True love is spectacular!!! Thanks for sharing portions of Brittney that I miss because of distance.

    ReplyDelete