Sunday, February 5, 2012

Hall of Baldness: Tiffany


Tiffany is Brittney's elder sister. I have known her pretty much as long as I have known Brittney. When Brittney and I were dating, and then for our first few years of married life in Provo, Tiffany and her husband Todd and daughter Mary were the people we hung out with the most. We would babysit Mary for them, hang out on nights and weekends. I remember when we all got into the show 'Alias' on dvd and watched the whole first season in a few nights

together (at least it seems like that in my memory). From the very beginning of our relationship, Tiffany and Todd have been so friendly and really made me feel a part of the family. We have had so many fun experiences together over the years: family reunions, New Year's Eve parties, picnics, a camping trip. Tiffany has been great at visiting us as we have moved around. She came out to California when Brittney was pregnant with Charlie and I was away in China for 2 weeks, and several other times for more random trips. Most recently she made it up here to Canada to help out for a week during one of my treatments.

Tiffany is an amazing person. She is very hardworking and ambitious, while also kind and loving to those around her. She is trained as a nurse and has been sacrificing her evenings taking online classes to get her Master's degree, which she is almost finished with. She is also a dancer, and has gotten certified to teach Zumba and organized several "Thrill the World" dance events in the Salt Lake City area. She seems to always be experimenting with new recipes and foodstuffs, with delightful results. She is an example to me of charity, and I have seen her provide amazing amounts of service, care and love over the last year or so to a friend and former neighbor of hers that had cancer. She is a wonderful mother to her own children, and one of the people with whom I am most comfortable leaving my own children if we ever need to.

She always opens her home for us when we are visiting and makes us feel right at home. She is great at talking to people and making you feel loved by showing her sincere interest in your life and activities. Brittney and I have spent countless evenings spent in fun and deep conversation with Tiffany and Todd. I am grateful to have Tiffany's example in my life, and especially for the sister and friend she is to Brittney. I know that, outside of perhaps her own parents, Tiffany is the person that Brittney admires and looks up to the most, and whose companionship and friendship she thoroughly enjoys. Brittney is always happy when we have a chance to be with Tiffany, or even talk about the next time we will be able to be together. Tiffany, welcome to the Hall of Baldness!

This was Tiffany's joke picture, with brothers Jordan and Jared (who actually shaved their heads), which was photoshopped by Todd to give the rest of the family a surprise. It was pretty funny to say the least, and gave us a few moments of confusion and puzzlement. Next is a picture of her after her real haircut, which she got done here in Edmonton. It also gives me a chance to put in a picture of my cutie-pie kids!

1 comment:

  1. haha Good one! I was totally fooled even though I knew she got a haircut with Brittney!

    ReplyDelete