Monday, February 20, 2012

11.1-11.13: Chemo tomorrow!

Well, it is upon us again, but thankfully we are to the last (planned) chemo treatment! This last treatment went really well. I felt like I was about 1 day ahead with my recovery, which was really nice and enabled me to still go to my group meeting at work last Thursday. I think a lot of it had to do with the way that chemo started last time. It was a bit later in the day, at 12:30, which allowed me to have a normal morning of food and work. The past few chemo times I had already started feeling gross from anticipation (or dread) of the approaching treatment. I still felt the same gross for the rest of that day, but the next day and the next got better a lot faster than normal.

Anyways, it was really nice to have my Mom here during the last treatment, and on Saturday we picked up Brittney's Mom from the airport. We have been so blessed by the willingness and ability of our Mom's and families to help us out. We really appreciate all the help, it makes a big difference.

Tomorrow morning at 9:15 am we go in for our last treatment! We got the CT-scan scheduled for March 27, which means that I will have around 5 weeks of no doctor, no chemo, no Neupogen. Just living. Looking forward to it.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray, hooray! Oh, I hope it is the LAST last treatment. Enjoy your weeks of freedom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah!! Here's to hoping that as of March 27 you are DONE DONE DONE!!! And at the very least, enjoy these weeks, as soon as you start feeling better from this treatment.

    ReplyDelete