Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hall of Baldness: Bruce

Bruce is my uncle, my mom's brother. Bruce and his family live about a 5 minute drive from my parents house, and so we got together frequently growing up. I have fond memories of celebrating the Fourth of July with delicious homemade ice cream and lots of fun and family. I have been blessed in my life to have many wonderful examples that have shaped my vision of being a father and man. Bruce is one of the foremost examples of this in my mind. He is quiet, humble and kind, while simultaneously being strong in his love for and support of his family and amazingly gifted in all he does. He always has great nicknames for everyone, and is fun to be around.

Every summer for as long as I can remember, my family has made a summer trip to the Utah Shakespearean Festival. For many years, this tradition has included, among others, Bruce and his family. Those weeks are some of my favorite memories from childhood, and one of the first things we try to find time to do with my family each year. Bruce would often come golfing with us in the mornings, and then he would lead the charge on the crossword puzzle in the afternoon. I am grateful for Bruce's example in my life. Bruce, welcome to the Hall of Baldness!

2 comments:

  1. That's great. I love the "before" picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so brave to cut off that beautiful head of hair Bruce. What dedication!!

    ReplyDelete