Tonight we had the missionaries over for dinner. They noticed my haircut, and asked why I had gotten it cut. Since I was in the middle of setting the table and getting the kids settled we said that there was a story and we would tell them once we were eating. One of the elders jokingly said "You don't have cancer, do you?" To which we responded "Yes, actually. That's the story." It was pretty funny, and the elder felt a little bad about it. We tried to convince him not to feel bad, because we didn't think anything of it at all. Nice to have the missionaries, and a fun story to boot.
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
4.7 & 4.8
Last night I got a call from someone in the ward with an invite to participate in basketball at the church that night. I felt pretty recovered from my back/leg troubles and from last week's chemo, so I decided to give it a try. It has been a while since my last attempts at basketball or physical exercise. The result was a pretty fun night. I got very tired very quickly, and I also quickly realized that I am not even close to 100% recovered from the back/leg fun. My left leg quickly regained pain and I could hardly run or jump. But I still had fun and made a few shots. It felt good to be active again. Today I have had pain in my leg again. Very manageable, but still there. Maybe next time I will work up to something as active as basketball.
Labels:
Daily Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment