Wednesday, November 2, 2011

4.1 Chemo yesterday

So, chemo yesterday went fairly smoothly. It took the nurse two tries to get the IV in, which was annoying, but not too bad. Then the pharmacy was a little behind getting the chemotherapy doses prepared, so there was a bit of delay, but I managed to fall asleep for most of that part and so didn't really notice how long the delay was for. Other than that, things progressed as before, no real problems.

So far this post-chemo period has been as good or better than any of the times before. Still a sick, bloated feeling in my stomach, and I am pretty tired, but I have been able to eat things and I feel less out of it mentally due to the physical bad feelings. Maybe I am just getting used to it, but either way it is a good sign, that things don't seem to be getting noticeably worse with each treatment, although to be fair, there is still plenty of time for that.
We were blessed to have some dinner brought to us by someone from the ward, which really eased the burden on Brittney somewhat today. It was really nice of them to do that for us. For now, morale is up and things are going pretty ok.


2 comments:

  1. I've got to say that I think Chris is more tired this time than last time. He started staying in bed the first evening..and last time it didn't hit him until the next day. Funny our different perspectives. For someone actually feeling the symptoms, he's way more positive than I would be if I were writing his posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job to both of you for hanging in there. Think of you and praying for you often. HUGS to you all!

    ReplyDelete