Monday, November 28, 2011

Hall of Baldness: Brady

Brady is our friend from Stanford. He and his wife Natania moved there about a year before we moved away. I think that in them, we saw a little of ourselves 4 years earlier. A childless couple just starting a PhD program at Stanford, coming from BYU. It was weird for us to realize that we were somehow now the older, seemingly wiser couple with 3 kids and almost done with a PhD.

Brady and Natania quickly became our good friends. They are genuine and friendly people, and were always a pleasure to interact with. They are prolific gardeners and I loved being on their back porch surrounded by vegetation. Brady was especially great with our boys and they had many fun games they would play with him when he was over. Brady didn't even seem to mind being called boy-Natania (and Natania girl-Natania) by his adoring fans. He and Natania ended up kindly babysitting for us a number of times. In fact, Brady and Natania hold the honor of being the first non-family-members to put our kids to bed for us so that Brittney and I could go on a date.

A few months before we left Brady became a father, and I know that he is/will be an excellent one, based on the person he is and the natural way he interacts with kids. I am glad to count Brady as one of my friends, and so grateful that our paths overlapped for a short time at Stanford. Brady, welcome to the Hall of Baldness!



No comments:

Post a Comment