Monday, November 7, 2011

Announcing the Hall of Baldness


This morning in the shower I finally decided that my hair had to go. It was just getting all over everything and I could have kept pulling it out all day if I had had the time. So, Brittney graciously helped out by shaving my head (my couple-week beard also got removed in the confusion). The kids watched and seemed to enjoy it. My reaction: I don't look as different/weird as I thought I would, but man, it is a pretty strange look for me. Also, my eyebrows are so much more accentuated when they are the only hairy thing on my face. I suppose I will get used to it in time.


Once I was done Gwen almost was hesitant to come up to me. I held her for a moment and then she gave me a big kiss and hug. I was most worried about how she would take to my new looks, and am glad that she still knows I am her daddy.

The biggest difference to me is how cold my head is without my hair. I really need to invest in a good warm hat for the future.


Without further ado, I will take this opportunity to announce the long-awaited, much-anticipated "Hall of Baldness"! If any of you have ever wanted a good reason to shave your head or get a short haircut, even donating to Locks of Love if your hair is long enough for that, now is your chance! We thought it might be a fun way to feel connected with those of you out there with whom we can't share our every days as we would like. So, to enter the "Hall of Baldness":

1. Get your hair cut/shaved and
2. Send me before/after pictures of the transformation.

I will post any pictures I get on this blog in a new "Hall of Baldness" feature, for all to see. No pressure, of course, but we thought this could be fun.

3 comments:

  1. Chris, I think you look great - a lot like our new bishop! We have been thinking of you and Brittney and the family. John may be headed your way on business soon - if so, I hope he can see you. All our best as you continue with your treatments.
    -Becky Jackson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously you have a good lookin' head. I WOULD shave my head...but I don't know how my husband would feel :) Maybe I will just shave Ausy's head instead. Love you!! I will look for a sweet hat for you - you will need a couple for the winter ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, The Nix family is cheering for you and we love your video moments .... thank you for sharing that special moment when your baby hugged your face and kissed you. We love you and Britt and keep you in our prayers. Dee Nix

    ReplyDelete