It was snowing and windy on my walk to/from the cancer center. I was thinking that the last time I was in snowstorm was on I-80 in the Sierra Nevadas, driving home from Utah after a spring break. I had to put chains on our van and drive over the pass. I think I like walking in snow better than that, even if it is a bit cold with the wind chill.
Tonight one of Brittney's running buddies had us over for dinner, and then helped me with a small project we are working on for Christmas. The kids did not want to leave their house and return home, due to the awesome toys that they had. People have been so kind to us here.
I took off my hat once I had entered the building, and even at a cancer center there are not that many people with bare bald heads. As I was standing in line waiting to turn in my lab requisition form I felt, for some reason, a little more noticeable and different. At that moment, in my mind's eye I saw all of the people who have sent me pictures of their bald heads, and in that moment they were all standing shoulder-to-shoulder behind me. My own bald army. I felt overwhelmed with strength, emotion, and gratitude. Just know that your love and support make a huge difference to me. I am adding to my store of happy faces and memories to draw upon whenever I desire. I feel so blessed.
That's a beautiful image: your own bald army. Prayers and hugs today (and every day!). Dixie
ReplyDelete(I think its cute that he got emotional just telling me about this experience. I can attest that it really has meant a lot to him, all the love and support)
ReplyDeleteWow, that gave me chills! I love the bald army!
ReplyDelete