Monday, September 26, 2011

frustration 1.14

Brittney dropped me off at the Cancer Centre this morning, where I had my blood drawn and then walked about 10 minutes over to my office at the University (the Cancer Centre is at one corner of the University property, and my office is sort of more centrally located). A little bit after lunch I got a call from Brittney who had heard from the Cancer Centre. The news was frustrating. Apparently my blood levels are even lower than they were on Friday, so we can't do chemo tomorrow either. The new plan is to get more blood drawn on Friday and hopefully do chemo on Monday. Suffice to say, I was pretty bummed by the news. I just want to keep going with the treatment so that I can be done sooner. I just hate the feeling of waiting and not doing anything, especially when there is nothing I can do. Brittney asked the nurse on the phone whether there was anything we could do to help my levels go up, or if there are things we shouldn't do that could have impacted my levels. The answer was that basically I can't really externally affect the levels that they care about, short of the booster drug that I will use next chemo round. Anyways, hopefully I can get a lot done this week while I am not having bad side effects from having just had chemo. Here's to increased levels by Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Hey man,

    Glad to hear that you're only at stage II. Your positive attitude and faith are inspiring. We're thinking about you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frustrating about the levels--hope they're up soon. It's great to be able to stay updated through your blog. We think of you often. So glad that it's just stage 2.

    ReplyDelete