Friday, September 23, 2011

1.9, 1.10 and 1.11

Today I had my appointment at the Cancer Centre. I had my blood tested and then met with the doctor. The good news is that I actually gained some weight. The bad news is that my blood counts are a little low, and so I can't do chemo on monday. My doctor thinks that my levels will be high enough by Monday, but I need to come get my blood tested again Monday morning to be sure. Then, if everything is ok, we will do the chemo on Tuesday. So, not hugely bad news, but I was hoping that I would be able to proceed as planned. Hopefully my levels will be back up by Monday and we can move forward.

The doctor said that if this is a problem on this first round, it will probably continue to be so as we move forward. There is a booster that I can take in the few days preceding having my blood drawn that should help in the future. I got the prescription for that today, and we have to go in for a class in how to administer the booster because we have to inject it into me, apparently. I think I will have Brittney come and get trained with me, so she can take care of all the injections.

Other than that I had a good day at work, and we had a fun family movie and pizza night. I am feeling pretty good and hoping things go well on monday.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on Monday. We're praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about you all day yesterday. Sorry to hear that your blood counts are low. We're praying that Monday's counts are fine so that treatment can continue. we love you.

    ReplyDelete