Later today I hope to get the blog caught up with the backstory up until now. Day 1.0 means the first administration of chemo, 0 days since chemo. Tomorrow will be 1.1 and so on until we hit 2.0 in 2 weeks when the second day of chemo comes around. Hopefully things are smooth until then!
Monday, September 12, 2011
Day 1.0 of treatment
Today I had my first treatment with chemo. It took quite a while, but Brittney was there with me at my side the whole way. What an angel she is. We arrived at the Cancer Center around 9:30, and were there until almost 3:00. There are 4 different chemo drugs that I get each time. 3 of them take about 20 minutes each to administer, while the other takes almost 2 hours. In between each they have about 10 to 15 minutes of saline solution to flush out the IV. It seemed to go well this time, and so far I feel pretty normal, although I am sure that will change. It has been fun to see the kids at home, and it is great having my mom here to help out with everything.
Labels:
Daily Update
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment