Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 1.6

Today was a pretty good day. The last few days I have (very) gradually been getting better about sitting for longer and not having to be flat on my back. The biggest test that I passed was picking Brittney up from the airport friday afternoon. My mom had to be at the airport about an hour before Brittney was due in, and so the big question was what to do with that hour. I survived seated in the car for the whole time and even felt good enough to park and venture into the airport to see Brittney right when she got out of customs. I felt pretty beat by the time we got home, but I had made it.

So, with that success on Friday, we decided to give church a try today. We somehow left our church bag at home and so had to keep the kids quiet with whatever happened to be in Brittney's purse. They did pretty well, and I made it through sacrament meeting seated on a metal chair, although plenty of shifting and moving around was involved. Sacrament meeting was great, we got to hear from our Bishop who spoke about pure religion. In our ward Sunday School is held in the chapel, so during that I took a break and was flat on my back on one of the pews towards the back, out of the way. Elder's quorum was survived on a chair leaned back against the wall. I was very pleased that I survived until we reached home and it sure felt good to be flat on a bed again.

After an amazingly delicious dinner of zebra noodles (bow-tie noodles with black/white stripes that Syroun sent us, thanks so much!) with spaghetti sauce and garlic bread and vegetables by Brittney we got the kids to bed and had a very enjoyable time discussing the lesson from Sunday School and then video-chatting with our great friends we left behind at Stanford. We sure miss them, but what wonderful technology we have, where it can feel like we are back in their living room, chatting away the night.

Now it is off to bed. My stomach has felt fairly close to normal today. I had some oatmeal for breakfast, peanut butter and creamed honey sandwich for lunch, and the afore-mentioned deliciousness for dinner. Maybe I will sneak in one more snack before bedtime, who knows?

2 comments:

  1. We want to video chat sometime soon too :)! So glad your back is getting better and that you are feeling relatively ok. We miss you guys and love you lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved video chatting. We miss you, too!!

    ReplyDelete