Saturday, October 15, 2011

2.8-2.11

I have been feeling really good the last several days. Normal days at work, normal eating, and fun times with the family. Life is good.

Today we got to drive around a nearby neighborhood and collect food that people left on their porch for a city-wide food drive for the Edmonton Food Bank. The boys got really into it and loved running up the driveways and back to the car. We had a whole trunk-load of food by the end, and then we went to the stake center to unload it. It was pretty awesome to see all the food that everyone had collected being loaded into a big trailer.

Then this afternoon we went to the Edmonton Corn Maze. It was the last day of the maze before they tear it down and start a Haunted House or something. I think the boys had fun, and Brittney thought it was her first time at one too. It was great watching Alec lead our family through the maze and get really into it.

Yesterday and today Brittney gave me the injections of Neupogen, to boost my Neutrophil levels so I can do chemo on Tuesday. So far I haven't had the severe bone pain of last time, so that is good. I am starting to realize how grueling this every other week treatment plan is going to be. Not much time to enjoy feeling normal between treatments. We just have to take it one treatment, one day at a time. Every treatment is one step closer to being done with treatment and done with cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment