This treatment was really a tale of two weeks. The chemo treatment went ok. I had the same nurse again, and again she had to call another nurse over after two tries to get my IV in. that was annoying, but the rest went ok. The best part was that Brittney was able to be there with me, since Tiffany was in town.
For the rest of last week, I felt like I was hit harder by the chemo than before. I threw up Tuesday evening for the first time, and just felt pretty yucky the rest of the week. But this week has been a different story. Usually going back to work on Monday I still don't feel on top of things, but this week I actually felt fine, about how I usually do on Wednesday or Thursday of my good week. And I have continued to feel good the rest of this week. The crazy thing is that we did my first Neupogen injection this morning and this means that the next treatment is around the corner. How time flies. The good part is that I am pretty quick to forget. This goes both ways, as when I feel yucky I feel like I will never feel good again, and I can't remember what it feels like to feel like eating food. But, after only a day or two of feeling back to normal I have forgotten about the yuckiness and am ready for life. Just sometimes I have ridiculous cravings for meat. But I have always enjoyed a good burger or steak, so maybe that isn't too new.
Assuming that the treatments go as planned, this marks the halfway point. Six treatments down, six to go. Hopefully they continue to go smoothly. I feel so blessed by all the support that we have received. I know that most of my blessings are not due to me, but to the many wonderful people out there who pray for me and my family. Thanks for your prayers and love, they truly make all the difference.
so glad to know the belated post was due to a good treatment round :) wishing you just 6 more good ones!
ReplyDelete