It was nice to not have chemo last week. But, frankly, not as nice as we were thinking. I am not sure if it has been that lack of Neupogen, but I have been slower to recover, stomach-wise. For the last week or so, I will feel pretty good throughout the day, but then in the evening I start getting stomach cramps and feeling not good. So that hasn't been fun. Also, I got a cold over the weekend and stayed home from church. Kind of funny that I am able to go through church every Sunday during chemo, but then I am sick and miss it the first Sunday that I have missed chemo. This also reminded me how blessed we were to have me not be sick during the 6 months of chemo. That was a huge blessing.
The last few days have seen a slow improvement in the evening stomach situation. I am trying to be more cautious about what I eat, which is hard as good food is very attractive to me right now. Hopefully in the next few days I will be all the way back to "normal", whatever that means now.
I have been enjoying being able to go to work every day and feel more on top of things there. I also feel better and am able to play more with the kids and Brittney, which is really rewarding. All in all, I prefer not chemo to chemo, but not by as wide of a margin as I had anticipated.
Bummer. I hope it turns around soon and you never have to look back!
ReplyDeleteNeupogen free, yeah!!! Go away forever Neupogen, get outa here! hope you get to play with the fam more often every day.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry you are feeling sick. Have you tried Ginger? It helps with nausia and it also helps with inflamation with joints (if that were ailing you too).